3/12/2010 05:56:00 PM

Dog Food is No Bueno...and Other Thoughts

I believe David has an incurable fascination for the dog food bowls. If you put him down in the living room, he automatically crawls towards the kitchen, and if he sees the bowls, he races towards them. And he's pretty quick, too. I've tried all the usual ways to get him to leave the dog food alone, but none have worked. So, I finally decided to let him try it, hoping that the experience would cure his fascination. Observe: Tasting dog food for the first time David's response So, obviously he didn't like the taste. But has that stopped him? NO! He still tries to eat it. I SO wish he would try to get into the cabinet for crackers instead. Oh well. In other news, he loves to take baths with Nick. Baths without Nick are quick, but if Nick's there, David doesn't want to get out. They have a great time splashing each other. At times like these, I wish that the floor of the bathroom had a drain in it. Then I'd just squeegee all the water to the center of the room. Oh well. I try to remind myself that they're having fun, and that's what matters. Even if my baseboards are starting to warp from the wetness. I've also been crafting up a storm recently. It all started when I decided to finally make Lydia's birthday present (her birthday was at the beginning of February, mind you). Anyway, so I made Lydia's presents: A girl's got to twirl, you know. So she needs skirts for twirling. And then I made Nick a car roll for church: And then made another one for Luke so he didn't feel left out when Lydia got her presents, and then I made 3 more for my nephews in Texas. All boys like cars, right? If you've never seen them, just google it, and you'll find tutorials on how to make them. I did all 5 in a couple of hours. It's a nice little compact playset. And then I set about making my soon-to-arrive nephew a little gift, and I discovered the magic that is WonderUnder. LOVE this stuff! Appliqued onesies are going to be a new addition to my standard baby shower gifts. I usually make flannel receiving blankets, but I think I'm going to step it up and make onesies to match the blankets. How cute is that? I don't have pictures of the ones I made for my nephew, but I did make David one: Sort of a Converse knock-off, no? Oh, and one other piece of news: David's cutting his two front teeth on the top. Does the drool-drenched onesie give it away? And yes, that is a Post-it flag stuck to David. They're ALL over the house. Don't ask.

3 comments:

shelly said...

I am totally stealing that car roll idea. Such a GREAT idea!

Kimberly said...

Wow, Becky, you ARE crafty! I love to read tutorials but rarely get one started.

The boys look like they are going to be best buddies for a long time. :)

Maria said...

I totally love the car roll!! What a great idea :)
Don't worry too much about the dog food, a couple of my boys ate it and they grew up to be over 6 feet tall (tee hee). Hope to see you next week at the anniversary party!!