SHOCKER!! So, some of you may know, but others may not. Mike got called to be in the bishopric (why does that word always look misspelled to me?) in our ward on Sunday. We're still a bit overwhelmed at it all, especially me. Mike was initially shocked when they called him on Saturday, and I really wasn't. And then Sunday came, and the boys were HORRENDOUS--both of them--and then I started to wonder how I was going to survive without Mike there on the bench with me. But my friend Tenice, whose husband is a cop (and we think the source of Nick's police obsession) and currently works Sundays, offered to sit with me and corral the kids. I think I'm going to survive, but pray for me anyway.
3 weeks ago
6 comments:
Congrats! (maybe? lol) Just think of all the blessings in store for your family. It's great that you already have a plan for Sundays. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help. Good luck!
Wow!! Well, he is perfect for it huh? And the wives of the bishopric are always the best!!! =) Who else got put in?
Justin got the same calling last Sunday. I started to cry as he got up to join the bishop and the other counselor up on the stand. No, I was not overcome by the spirit, I felt so alone watching him leave me there with all four of our children. And to make matters worse, Benson had his worse Sunday ever. We have been so blessed and "were much is given...". You will be in my thoughts, Good luck. :)
I totally know the feeling. Chars post just cracked up. That we my feelings exactly last April. I still feel that way most of the Sundays. Good Luck to you and you sill be shocked at the number of people who will help you even if in little ways.
Well, I'm not surprised by Mike's call. He's Good Guy #1. I wish I could help with the children thing. Maybe I'll start attending church in LV. :)
Becky!!! Rich was called into the bishopric when I was pregnant with Josh. I think fathers of young kids should be exempt from that calling. :) j/k It is such a huge sacrifice, and I remember when Ella was little it took all of my strength not to cry right there in sacrament meeting as I was trying to contain both of my kids. It is so hard! Finally I gave up and Josh sits up on Rich's lap every Sunday. At first I felt like he was a distraction to everyone, but now our ward just thinks of Josh as the 4th member of the bishopric. Your ward will be so supportive of you guys! And you'll be blessed a ton...I can say that now that Rich is probably getting released soon. :) Good luck!!!
Post a Comment