I've been meaning to post since Christmas, but haven't gotten around to it because both my boys ended up infected with RSV! Oh how wonderful it's been. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep a night for about two weeks.
David started the non-sleep fest by cutting his first two teeth on Christmas Eve, and then Nick started with the RSV crap the day after Christmas. With Nick, I thought it was just your run-of-the-mill cold/cough. He definitely didn't feel fabulous, but was still basically acting normally and wasn't running a fever or anything. We actually only found out it was RSV because I took David into the doctor to have his ears checked. Once his teeth came through, I thought he'd go back to sleeping, but since he was still getting up EVERY HOUR (no, I'm not joking), I figured we'd better have him checked out. And lo and behold, he started coughing on New Year's Eve morning, and I had Nick with me, so the doctor put it all together and did the test for RSV. Positive on both. At least Nick was basically over it by then. It's sort of scary with a little guy like David, though. But he's come through the worst of it. He actually was still a happy little guy, even though he didn't feel very good. I just wish he'd slept. Hopefully that will come soon.
Anyway, so here's our Christmas 2009 report, mainly in pictures:
We started a new tradition this year--the Feast of the Seven Fishes. I guess it's mainly an Italian-American tradition to eat fish on Christmas Eve. According to Wikipedia, no one knows why or how the tradition started, or why it's 7 fish dishes and not some other number. Anyway, if you like seafood, it's a good deal. We had:
Shrimp Scampi (that's "fish" number 1)
I made salmon (#2) and tilapia (#3), and Aunt Julie had crab cakes (#4). Michael's mom got kippers (#5) and then we went over the number with Michael's contribution: Cioppino (it had mussels (#6), clams (#7), cod (#8) and salmon in it.)
Anyway, it was a fun new tradition!
Christmas was pretty fun this year, since it's the first year that Nick's actually had a clue about Santa and such. He got entirely too much loot, most of it related to police (naturally). Anyway, here's a few pictures:
New police hat
The Super Why Super-Duper Computer (if you're not familiar, check out PBS in the AM)
Ripping into his Matchbox Police Station
David and his "baby," a Glowworm. Mainly he tries to chew on its head, arms, or nose. But what do you get a 4 month old??
David also got his two front (bottom) teeth for Christmas, but I can't say I had much to do with that. I've tried to get a picture of them, but it's sort of hard to hold him down and take a picture at the same time. I shall continue to try, though.
Anyway, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and here's hoping none of your kids get RSV!
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
So glad the boys are feeling better! Amanda had RSV at 3 months and was in the hospital for 2 days - it is no fun (especially for the mom).
Happy New Year to you guys :)
wow. you poor thing. glad everyone is better. your boys are getting cuter all the time!! have to hang out. spencer needs a boy to beat on and be beat on by.=)
Having sick kids is the worst! It is so nerve-wracking. I hope you can catch up on your missed sleep. ;) Cute pictures of Christmas too! I have been wanting to get Ella a glow-worm forever...great idea!
Post a Comment