12/17/2009 11:31:00 AM

Here It Is...The Yearly Update

I was going to list what we've been doing this past year, but for those of you who follow the blog religiously (if, in fact, anyone does), you probably already know all that. And for those more infrequent-visitor-types, you might be pretty bored reading a list. So, instead, I asked Nick to tell me about this last year. Here are his responses, with some prodding by me to remember something besides what he wants for Christmas. So here, in Nick's words, is what we've been up to: My birthday was fun because I liked it. I like birthdays because I get toys and I like birthday cakes. My favorite present was Sheriff (from Cars) because I like sheriffs and I'm a policeman. I'm learning how to trace letters and I go to preschool (I started a co-op with 3 other moms, once a week. At least he's starting to take an interest in letters). I'm happy David got born because I like babies. David likes to eat his hand and now he can eat (rice) cereal. David can drop spit bombs (i.e. he drools A LOT). David likes to eat and take baths because he can kick and splash the water. David doesn't like his car seat and he laughs when you tickle him. David only likes to sleep on his tummy and he can roll over. He always rolls over now so he doesn't have to go to sleep (true--he can roll both ways now and would rather roll around than sleep). My favorite person is Mommy and Daddy and David and (Aunt) Maggie. Kimball is my friend, and Brayden. They're my (police) partners. My girlfriend is Morgan, and Bianca because I like them. I like to pull over bad guys and take them to jail because I'm a policeman. I pull over bad guys all day. Sometimes I lock Sadie (the dog) up because she is being bad and barking at the people outside (he hooks his handcuffs to her collar and then hooks that to the kitchen chair leg--we had to invest in something other than the 99 cent plastic handcuffs because of this). I go to nursery at church and I get to play with toys and see Sister Blanchard and Sister Crowther. We have Goldfish for snacks. We sing the Sunbeam song (Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam). I get to play with Bryce when I go there. I like to read Where the Wild Things Are and I like to watch Lightning McQueen (Disney's Cars). Daddy typed (I assume he's referring to Mike's final paper for his Master's degree--yes, he's done!) and he goes to school all day. He teaches Portuguese (actually history, but he does speak Portuguese). Bianca and Bryce can talk Portuguese (their parents are Brazilian, so yes, they're bilingual). Mommy doesn't know Portuguese (sad, but true). Daddy coaches softball and he coached tennis. Daddy is a good coach (won state for the second time!) and he hits balls to the girls. Daddy is a coach and Uncle Curtis is a coach (Mike's assistant coach) and Aunt Maggie is a coach (she's the assistant softball coach at UNLV). Mommy makes me breakfast and we drive in the car and she tells me to clean up my toys (sadly, telling him doesn't often result in him actually picking them up). Sometimes we go to the store, and sometimes we go to Bianca's house. Mommy feeds David and makes our dinner. She says "pick up this mess." That's what Mommy does. (Boring, but true. Most of what I do all day consists of feeding someone or driving somewhere or trying to clean up messes. Still, I'm glad I can stay at home with the boys.) Christmas is one day that we get presents from Santa. He comes and puts them by the tree and under the tree. I've been good for goodness' sake (we've been singing Santa Claus is Comin' to Town) and the elves told Santa. We have Christmas because of Baby Jesus and Heavenly Father. It makes them happy when you be nice. (Insert singing of "Jingle Bells" here...and now he's off racing cars down the hall.) And there you have it. That's our year. Nick had a birthday, David was born, and Mike finished his Master's degree. All in all, a pretty good year. From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Britni said...

Awww too cute! i NEED to get by one of these days! Apparently, you get busy when you "grow up" or so i hear lol. Glad you guys had a fun year...hope you got the message i left on your machine too!!

Jut and Char said...

Merry Christmas to you too!!

Ash said...

Great recap by Nick. I wonder what Lydia would say if I asked her....I also love the family pic with the police gun hands! You guys are fabulous and I wish we were closer, so move to Portland!!!

Jenn said...

That's so cute! I'm glad he considers Kimball one of his police partners. Kimball always tells me "Nick is a policeman." Cute!

Kimberly said...

Wow, what a smart little guy you have! I loved his re-telling of the year. :)