So, as a result of reading one of my friend Marie's latest posts, I just spent about a half hour looking at all the random food holidays that exist in this country. Who's in charge of declaring these holidays, anyway? I know Lincoln made Thanksgiving official, but did some other U.S. president actually declare January 16th National Fig Newton Day? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Fig Newtons, but I hope the President has better things to do than sit around declaring holidays for his favorite foods.
Anyway, so Marie's birthday is National Turkey Neck Soup Day--who even eats turkey neck soup? But it made me wonder what food holiday falls on my birthday. Drumroll please....
November 28th--National French Toast Day
I have to admit, I'm pretty happy that I'm French Toast instead of Turkey Neck Soup. Less unique, yes, but oh-so-much-more yummy. Anything with maple syrup is yummy in my book, except Cream of Wheat, which just might be the nastiest breakfast food ever. And for my family members, who are the only people that I'm certain read this blog, I saved you the trouble of looking up your food holiday birthdays.
Mike: Nutty Fudge Day
Mom: Ambrosia Day
Dad: Vanilla Ice Cream Day
Ben: Sorry, none for you--you missed Artichoke Heart Day by a mere 24 hours
Ashley: Rocky Road Day
Adam: Again, none for you, but the 11th is National Hot Cross Buns Day!
Aaron: Made up for Ben's and Adam's lack by having three--his birthday falls during National Herb Week, and his birthday has been declared both Candied Orange Peel Day AND National Hoagie Day.
And neither of them read yet, but Nick's birthday has been declared National Bagelfest Day, and David was born on Raspberry Bombe Day. Oh, and our anniversary is Hot Fudge Sundae Day...that just might have to be incorporated into future anniversary celebrations.
Anyway, if you're interested in finding out if you have a food holiday on your birthday, check out
http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/National_Symbols/American_Hollidays.html
Thanks to Marie for the info--you always know such cool stuff, like the actual name for wooden Dutch shoes. I wish I could be as cool as you :)
3 weeks ago
2 comments:
I have 2, Eggs Benedict Day and Baked Ham with Pineapple Day...random! And nice background ; )
This is fun, huh? I spent way too much time looking at it.
And you silly lady. Don't you know that I want to be you when I grow up? You know tons of awesome stuff. I'll go enjoy some turkey neck soup now.
Post a Comment