7/13/2009 07:23:00 PM

I'm a Nerd

I admit it, I'm a Harry Potter nerd. In preparation for the "Half-Blood Prince" movie coming out on Wednesday, I decided to re-read Book 6, just to refresh my memory. And then I had to re-read Book 7, to remind myself how it all went down. So, I ended up reading both books in the last week. Yes, that's 1,411 pages in a week. Don't make fun of me. I'm a fast reader, and I've done a lot of staying inside lately, seeing as how I'm roughly the size of a house and it's too blasted hot to go outside here. Anyway, I don't think the re-reading makes me that much of a nerd, since I've heard of others who do the same thing before the movie comes out. I've also heard of people who re-read the entire series before the next movie installment opens. I think what makes me such a nerd is that I act like a 12 year old whenever I talk about it. Case in point: last night, the ABC Family channel was doing a Harry Potter special, playing all the movies. When I turned it on, it was at the end of the Triwizard Tournament, when Voldemort has Harry in the graveyard. Since I'd just read Book #7, which deals quite a bit with wandlore, I started telling Mike about Harry and Voldemort's wands, the twin cores, etc. Mike just looked at me strangely, and finally told me that he had no idea what I was talking about, which is sad, because I'm probably going to drag him to the movie with me. Too bad I don't know any other nerds to go with. I need some fellow nerd friends.

7 comments:

Portia said...

Well...I am a nerd friend but now I live to far away. But on the plus side I convinced Wayne to read the last to book so now he is a nerd with me. :)

Julianne said...

I would totally go with you! I finally got Brandon to "read" the books by getting the CDs to play in the car on road trips. It took us about 18 months to get through all the books, but he thought they were amazing and I felt so validated.

I LOVE Happy Potter. In fact, after I finish the books again, I miss him. How's that for nerdy!

Andrea said...

Fellow nerd here...although I haven't re-read any of them I really want to go see HBP...there is no way Matt will go with me so I'll have to rent it and watch it alone sometime when he isn't around. Maybe I should head to the library...

Miss M said...

Oh, how I wish I was closer because I am a total nerd too. I just finished re-reading book 6 in preparation for the movie, and I would love to be able to nerd-out with you on everything Harry Potter.

BTW, your kid cracks me up. That last picture of Nick (in the previous entry) cracks me up! Priceless.

Jenn said...

I would totally go with you if I wasn't in Texas!

Jut and Char said...

I would love you go with you. My husband will be dragged to it as well and he thinks I am totally a nerd for wanting to go.
Char

Jacilynn said...

LOL. I'm a nerd too. I didn't reread the book, cause I knew I'd be really critical of the movie. But I've been wanting to reread the series soon.