So, I said I was going to try to catch up. Maybe I promised that a little too prematurely--but at least I have a really good excuse!
Nick is going to a first-year charter school, and he's loving it so far, and I'm loving it too (other than the fact that it's a 15 minute drive). But guess who just got asked to head up the Library Committee?!? I'm super excited, but also totally overwhelmed. Right now, the "Library" is just an empty room. Literally--it's empty. No shelves, no flooring, no books....nothing. I have great plans in my head for what it will all look like when it's done, but there are several mountains to climb before it will be done. First on the list: raise some cash. The PTO is going to use all their fundraising this year to complete the library, but I'm not sure even the PTO President knows how much money we will need. Even if the majority of the books get donated, we still have to buy everything else. Oh, and pay for Accelerated Reader for every student....that'll only be a mere $7000 or so. :) Definitely glad I'm not on the Fundraising Committee! But I sure hope whoever is will get us a bunch of cash! In the meantime, I've got to start finding grants to apply for. Oh, and I have to learn how to set up a library. Any former librarians want to give me a crash course?? Or maybe you just want to come and do it for me?!?
In any event, maybe I won't be suddenly back in the blog world. I can promise to try, but I'm not really confident that will happen. This little "project" just might take up my free time. But I'm SO EXCITED to have an "adult" project. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but some days, I just want to feel smart again, instead of feeling like I spend the majority of my day discussing exhaust pipes (Nick's newest obsession--did you know some SUVs have 4? He was surprised that a Prius only has 1--he thought it wouldn't have any because it's "part electricity and part gas") and reading books by Mercer Mayer (David's obsessed with that critter guy that's in all of his books). Anyhow, feel free to send your great ideas my way. I'll take (and need) all the help I can get!
1 week ago
3 comments:
Becky our PTO raised $ for the Scholastic Reading counts programs last year. We let our teachers pick and they chose scholastic over AR. I don't know the cost difference but it is something to think about. Good luck with the library.
You are such a great person for that job! Sounds like a challenging but ultimately rewarding project. :)
You'll do great! there are always a million things to do, huh? My blog hasn't been posted on for quite a while. I'm contemplating just deleting it?
and I'm smiling about your "things I love list". I knew we were friends for a reason...great minds ;)
miss you
Post a Comment