Okay, so I took these pictures Thursday, but Blogger was acting strange, so I never got them posted. Thursday was a crazy day, which started by making a coconut cake from scratch (as in, I had to drill a hole in the coconut and all. And no, I'll never do it again). Then I worked out at the YMCA for an hour, and then promptly stopped at McDonald's and ate the majority of the chicken nuggets that I bought "for the boys." Sabotage...but I digress. I also took Nick to the chiropractor (which he hated and expressed how much he hated approximately every 90 seconds), and then fed the missionaries, and then tried to participate in the lesson they were teaching Mike's friend while also trying to keep the boys from running around like a couple of wild Indians. (My apologies to anyone reading this who might be Native American...I know it's not exactly P.C. to use such expressions. I'm blaming it on the fact that I'm from Idaho, where it's perfectly acceptable to have school mascots such as "The Maniacs" if the town you live in just happens to be the site of the state mental hospital. And no, I didn't just make that up...check out Orofino, ID if you don't belive me.)
Anyhow, I digress. Since we (okay, just Mike and the boys) are part Irish, we try to play up the holiday a bit. Case in point--our front door:
No, I didn't purposely paint our front door for the holiday. That's just the third color I've painted it in the past 3 weeks, and I'm not painting it again, so it's staying. It'll work nicely for Christmas as well...and Arbor Day too.
The leprechauns came a bit late Thursday, but they did come. They left the boys some of their gold.
And they also left them some small, leprechaun-sized hats, which David promptly tried on. The kid's a nut when it comes to hats and shoes.
Hope everyone had a wee bit o' fun on St. Pat's Day!
1 comments:
I like your front door! :)
Post a Comment