11/21/2010 07:46:00 PM

Bountiful Baskets

I just did my first pickup from Bountiful Baskets yesterday....I've got to say, it's a great deal. If you're not familiar with the concept (and I think they only have it in Western states), you can check out their website here Basically, it's a food co-op. They buy fresh produce in large quantities and then distribute it. It's all run on a volunteer basis (the lady who does mine is in my ward), and you can't beat the price! A basket of fruit and a basket of veggies is only $15 a week. My $15 got me all this: In case you can't tell what's in there, here's what I got: Veggies: 1 celery, 1 green leaf lettuce, 2 bunches of radishes, 3 tomatoes, 8 large potatoes, 2 green peppers, and 3 large onions. Fruit: 1 honeydew melon, 1 bunch bananas, 6 pears, 8 apples, 5 oranges, and about 11 tangerines. My fridge and counter are full! They also have additional items you can add on, like bread or tortillas or extra produce that's in season. I'm trying the bread next time, since I've heard it's wonderful!

1 comments:

A-Train said...

I want it, it looks yummy. I guess i should check it out in Portland!