Okay, so I'm late in posting this, but such is life sometimes. Nick is officially in preschool! Here's his first day shot:
He's loving going to school and asks practically every day when he will be five years old and will get to go to "real school." The only part I'm not loving about it is the part where I drop him off. Not because I don't want to let him go, but because he has some major separation issues of late. He hates it when I leave him anywhere--preschool, church, even Grandma's house. His preschool teacher is great about taking his hand and immediately talking to him about what they're going to do that day. I keep the goodbyes short, but honestly it's hard to walk away sometimes, especially on days like yesterday. He pretty much cried for the first half hour of Primary.
I'm about to the point where I'm going to ask to be a Primary teacher, so at least I don't have to deal with this every Sunday anymore. The whole thing has totally given me a testimony of how important being a Primary teacher is. Kids like him NEED a teacher who's there consistently, who's excited to see them, who talks to them. His class has 10 kids in it, and both the teachers are pretty shy, reserved, and young. They pretty much just sit there and smile when the kids come in, but I honestly think they don't know what to do to make Nick and the other little one who's having a hard time feel comfortable being there. Anyone out there have some great advice on dealing with this?? HELP!
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
Anna dealt with the same thing all through pre-school. Kindergarten was the turning point and now she is almost a different kid. It is hard when the people you leave them with don't bother to help you. All I can advise is to just press through and it will pass. I never figured out anything to make it easier, just reminded myself that she would be fine and she was always happy when I picked her up afterwards!
Marcus is doing the same thing! All of a sudden he has major separation anxiety. Don't know why, but I sure will be glad when it's GONE!!
Your little preschooler looks adorable :)
Aww, I can't believe how big Nick is! He looks really cute all ready for school. Sorry I don't have any advice for you, both my girls are so happy to get away from me they don't even look back! Maybe you should try to be more of a boring mom like me :)
Post a Comment