8/05/2009 08:45:00 AM

SICK

I'm SO SICK of being pregnant! I'm sure everyone (well, those who've been pregnant) can relate to this, but everywhere I go, I have to deal with people saying, "Oh, you haven't had that baby yet?" or making some comment on the size of my stomach. Really, people, is that the most helpful thing to say? As if I don't know that I'm hugely pregnant, and as if I don't wish that I was one of those people who look like 4 months pregnant on their due date. I'm also not a huge fan of the "you're glowing"-type comments. I am NOT glowing--that's the effect of sweat, not only from being pregnant and therefore always hot and sweaty, but also from living in 110 degree heat in this desert. It's never cold enough, no matter how low I turn the AC--my AC bill has doubled, literally. I wish we had one of those industrial walk-in freezers that I could hang out in. Anyway, sorry for the venting, but like I said, I'm sure people can relate. I just want this baby out! Say a little prayer for me, that my efforts to self-induce labor will pay off. So far, they've only produced mild contractions that end after about 20 minutes. And I think I've tried everything except castor oil--not desperate enough to drink that yet. I've tried eating fresh pineapple, spicy food (good thing I love curry--thank you London Study Abroad), long walks, walking in sand, swinging on the swings at the park (why this is supposed to work, I don't know), visualization (totally weird--"sit calmly and imagine a flower opening its petals"), and sex--sorry if that's TMI, but don't act like you haven't heard of people who went into labor like 30 minutes afterwards. Sadly, that's just not me. Anyway, if you know of any other so-called labor inducers, PLEASE let me know. I'm up for anything...except castor oil, though maybe I'll be desperate enough for that in a few days.

4 comments:

Jut and Char said...

Becky I totally feel your pain. I was induce with all 4 of my kids and I tried desperately to into labor on my own. Nothing worked for me, but when Rachel went into labor at 38 wks with her first, I about died. I was glad for her but so jealous. She said that the weather changed had done it, so I guess you have a rain dance to do or prayer, which ever you prefer. Good luck. Rachel is due with twins on Sept. 3rd so she feels you pain. Good luck.
Char

Andrea said...

I've heard raspberry leaf tea works...although i have also heard that it tastes like butt so it depends on how bad you want it over!! Good luck! Can't wait to hear the news!

Kimberly said...

I feel for you too. When we were expecting our second we went for a long walk in the mall and sure enough, I started having contractions right there. (She was born in late November or I would have walked outside.) It was like, walk a few feet, have a contraction, go up the escalator, have a contraction. Good times!

shelly said...

You crack me up! I appreciated the London Study Abroad shout out. :)