8/11/2009 05:42:00 AM

Induction...

So, my OB is inducing me this morning. My attempts to self-induce have failed, so I'm getting induced. Although I'm not thrilled at the idea of getting pitocin, I'm not totally opposed to the idea of getting induced, since it means I'll NOT be pregnant anymore, and because if I don't come until my due date (or after) I'll get absolutely no help transitioning from one kid to two. My mom and Mike both have to go back to school the day after my actual due date, and, as a teacher, you can't really miss the first day of school, you know? So anyway, it's currently 5:45, and my induction was scheduled for 6:00 AM--why they schedule inductions that early in the morning, I don't know. But, a nurse from the hospital just barely called me and told me my induction was getting pushed back to 7:15. And then she said, "So, go ahead and go back to sleep for a little while longer." Yeah, as if that's going to happen. As if I really slept last night. As if I'm going to be able to magically go to sleep now. How do people with scheduled C-sections do this whole waiting thing? I guess some people might blog, which is the only thing I can think to do. Anyway, I'll post pictures, etc. when he's finally here, which will hopefully be soon. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick labor.

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

It's baby day!! Good luck! And to maybe ease your mind, my induction with Maggie was my easiest labor and delivery by far. I hope it all goes well and can't wait to see pics! :)

Portia said...

Good luck...pitocin sucks!! :)

Andrea said...

Yeah for inductions!! I agree with Bobbi...Libby was induced and I would do it again. Can't wait to see the little guy!

shelly said...

I am so excited for you! You are probably having your baby as I'm writing this! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures of the cutie. I'm thinking about you guys!

Jacilynn said...

Can't wait to see that baby Becky! I was induced both time and once it was not good and the second one was heavenly, well, couldnt have gone better, anyways.
My thoughts and prayers are with you!