6/26/2011 05:29:00 PM

Happy 5th Birthday Nick!

Nick turned five today--crazy!  We had his birthday party yesterday, in the 107 degree heat, I might add.  At least the kids got to run through the car wash sprinkler Nick and I built.  (Stay tuned for a video of that!)  I was tempted to run through the sprinklers myself.  I was going to be a party pooper and just take Nick and a couple of his buddies to CARS 2 and call it good, but Mike said we needed to have a party.  Although the movies would have been easier (and probably cheaper), Nick did make the work worthwhile.  When he came outside and saw all the party decorations and game stuff, he said, "Mom, this is awesome!"   

No, I am NOT responsible for the cake.  That was all Grandma Kristie's doing--I would have gone for cupcakes and called it good.  That's why Grandma was put in charge :)  Obviously, Nick wanted a Lightning McQueen birthday party.  So, we did all car-related games, which was kind of ironic, since there was only one other little boy there besides Nick.  I doubt most of the little girls even knew who Mater was!  And I've realized that Nick's preschool teacher is right--the girls DO like him, and he likes them right back, since he was in charge of who to invite.  He did invite some other boys, but they were out of town this week, so it was just Nick and Bryce and a bunch of girls:   
When it was time to open presents, all the kids got in on the action, except maybe Bianca, but she's the oldest and can restrain herself better.  I think all the rest of them opened the present they brought for Nick--there was paper flying everywhere!  
Nick is a little obsessed with hunting right now, as evidenced above--he keeps begging Mike to take him hunting.  (Shout out to my friend Tenice in the background--love her!)  That's a pop gun Nick has, by the way, although he also got a nerf shotgun from Mike's parents, and another nerf gun from Alisa, who he's aiming at in the picture.  I now have nerf darts attached to my TV and the rest are all over the house. 

In any event, he had a great day.  Now we're off to Mike's parents' house for a little family birthday dinner.  Uncle Curtis is cooking, and when he asked Nick what he wanted to eat for dinner, Nick said, "Shrimp.....and lobster."  Rich tastes!  He does love shrimp, but I'm pretty certain that he's never had lobster, so I don't know where he came up with that.  He's also going to get his last present from me--I finally got all his pictures organized and made into photo books by year.  I doubt he's going to care that much about it, as it's not exactly a "fun" present, but it's five years of my little guy.  Makes me want to cry just thinking about it!            

1 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Nick!!!

I can't believe that he and Marcus are 5 already :) Looks like you guys had a great day, now off to kindergarten!! (Oh and Grandma totally rocked the cake!!!)