Saturday was Nick's 4th birthday, and his first party with friends. He wanted to invite all his cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc., but seeing as how most of them live out of state, he settled for the seven friends who could come. Originally, he told me he wanted to have a mailman birthday party, but since I have no clue how to host a mailman party (what games would you play?), we went for superheroes. I have to say, it was a hit--even with the girls.
I made superhero capes for all the kids, and used WonderUnder to put a shield and their initial on the backs. They got to decorate their own masks (cut out of that craft foam stuff) and wristbands (painted tp tubes, cut in half). After they were all dressed up, they posed for pictures. My favorite poses:
Super Nick
Superhero/Supermodel Morgan
Super Bryce
For games, we played pick up the kryptonite (used tongs to put glow sticks in a cooler), walk over hot lava (walked across a 2x6 over the kiddie pool filled with red food coloring), and shoot the villain, which was probably their favorite. I gave them all a can of silly string and let them shoot at balloons that had villain faces taped to them. They got so into it that they actually popped all the balloons. Who knew silly string could pop a balloon?
After lunch, we sang happy birthday while Nick hid under the table. After he blew out candles, for unknown reasons, he just leaned forward and took a big bite of cake. He thought it was funny, even if it rendered half the cake inedible. Luckily, I had cupcakes and popsicles too.
All in all, he had a good time, and I'm pretty sure the other superheroes did too. No one fell in the hot lava and dyed themselves red, so that's a good thing, right? Plus, David slept through half of it, so that also made for an easier party. He didn't get to wear his cape, though. Maybe another day.
3 weeks ago
4 comments:
Wow, what a great mom. My kids get borring b-day parties. Way to go Becky.
Char
That is so cute! What great ideas, you inspire me to try something cute for Marisa next year. Tell Nick happy birthday for me!
I want you to be in charge of my next birthday party!!
Nick cracks me up with the bite out the cake thing.
And I love the POW and ZAP words for the background on the photos.
Well done.
Post a Comment