Just wanted to post a little thank you to everyone who was able to come to our little David-being-born/Mike graduating party last Saturday. I'm almost a week late in posting it, but I wanted to say thanks anyway! Somehow, the only pictures I have from the party are of Nick and company, "driving" Grandpa Mike's old truck:
(That's Nick driving, and Dusty and Sofia are helping to look for bad guys.)
We had a great time seeing everyone and catching up. We especially appreciated that Grandpa Dave and Grandma Shannon came from Idaho, and that Uncle Adam and Aunt Michelle drove down from Utah. Nick especially appreciated Aunt Michelle, who later became his "police assistant." Yes, he's still OBSESSED with policemen...I guess there are worse things he could be obsessed with!
David's blessing was on Sunday, and I successfully got him to sleep before church started, but wouldn't you know, he woke up right before his big moment. I was worried that he'd scream through it, but he didn't. Uncle Curtis peeked, and said David just stared up at Michael the whole time. I'll take his word for it. In any case, he was good and quiet, and Nick was also good and quiet during all of church. He's always well behaved when my parents are at church with us--I wish they'd move here so Nick could sit with them every Sunday. With us, he climbs under the bench and is always trying to leave and go out to the foyer. C'est la vie...
Anyhow, a few more pictures from the weekend:
(Here we are--the lighting's bad, and Nick just HAD to be on Mike's shoulders, so it's definitely not the best of family pictures)
The brothers--I swear that Nick does wear clothes sometimes, just not that often.
And the Davids
If you didn't know already, David is named after my dad, so here's Grandpa Dave and Baby Dave. And no, I don't know what he's going to "go by." People keep asking if it's David, Dave, Davy, Baby David, Baby Dave, Spike-o like Nick wants, or what...take your pick, I say. I'm going with Chubby--he was 13 pounds, 4 ounces at his two month appointment yesterday...That's the reason my back aches all the time.
3 weeks ago
2 comments:
I am all about Spike-o!!!
I think we have the same dress...did you get it on clearance at Target? You have great fashion sense :) I think it's funny to see dad with Baby Dave because baby boy looks so much like Mike to me--maybe he'll be like Dad in personality, who knows? Anyways, we're sorry we weren't there but we're excited to see you at Thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment