So, we've been back from Puerto Rico for a week now, and I'm just getting around to posting about it. I'm blaming it on getting sick coming back--I'm finally starting to feel okay again. We had a great time in Puerto Rico. The time went too fast, but we made the most of it.
We spent most days on the beach. The first day was spent in San Juan, but then we drove to Rincon and spent the rest of the time there. Rincon is basically a surfer hangout, so most of the waves are pretty big and rough. But, we found a couple of beaches nearby that were more protected and better for the kids. Nick was initially scared of the water, based on his experience getting knocked over by a wave in California. But, by the end of the trip, he was more brave.
Nick had a fabulous time with his cousins. He and Owen are only a few months apart (Owen's the one in the first picture, playing in the sand with Nick). Lydia's about six months younger than them, and Noah's older, but they had quite a time together, as you can see. Attacking Grandpa was a favorite activity, as was exploring the beach.
In any event, we had a great time. Nick also had his first driving experience--the taxi man left the car on while he was unloading luggage, and Nick pulled it into drive as we were all getting out. It started to roll, and I ended up jumping into a moving car and slamming the brakes. He almost hit a small Asian man, too. Definitely got the heart pounding. My brother Aaron thought it was hillarious, because everyone always compares Nick to him, and he drove the family van through the house when he was about Nick's age. So, I think that Aaron actually believes the comparisons now. I failed to see the hillarity in it all. Anyhow, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's!

3 weeks ago
5 comments:
Becky,
Thanks for the Christmas card with this blog site on it. That's a cool idea. You are quite tech-savvy. I have a blog too, but I use it for my classroom so it looks like I'm a with-it teacher (which, of course, I'm not!).
Also, it looks like you had a lot of fun in Puerto Rico. That story about Nick trying to drive off in the taxi was funny (albeit scary too)! I also recall that story about your little brother driving through the garage wall! Jen and I just got back from Rome a few days ago--so we got to travel as well. It was great.
Anyways, here's my email address if you ever need it--and if you don't already have it (I can't recall if I ever gave it to you). It is bron_yr_aur_baby@hotmail.com. It's a Led Zeppelin song, of course!
Matt
You went to Puerto Rico!!! Fun! I want to hear all about it eventhough it will make me insanely jealous.
I am laughing!! I know as the mom it probably isn't funny, but wait a few years. Little Aaron all over again! Looks like an excellent time :)
Sounds like y'all had a great time. Love the Nick/driving story and the family pic. Seriously, I'm still laughing about Nick. Not so funny if someone had gotten hurt, but I'm still laughing.
First of all...cool that you are still a world traveler. And secondly...way to save the small Asian man's life! You are a hero.
Post a Comment