12/04/2008 08:25:00 AM

Looking for a Good Book?

We just met for book club last night, picking books to read for next year. So, I thought I'd post the book titles that were suggested, in case anyone's looking for something new to read. I haven't read all of these, mind you, but they did get suggested by reliable sources, so I have to assume they'll be good reads. *Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton *Persuasion by Jane Austen (Might just overtake Pride & Prejudice as my favorite) *Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson *The Emperors of Chocolate: The Secret World of Hershey and Mars by Joel Brenner *Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick *The Red Tent by Anita Diamant *The Flying Scotsman: The Eric Liddell Story by Sally Magnusson *The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom *When a Crocodile Eats the Sun: A Memoir of Africa by Peter Godwin (SO GOOD!) *Mornings on Horseback and John Adams by David McCullogh *Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson *A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith *The Language of God by Francis Collins *Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins *Song Yet Sung by James McBride *The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon *Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons *The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ooo...I'll have to reference this list when I need a new read. And Cry, the Beloved Country is really good!

ps. I bought tulle today for tutus!!

Miss M said...

I haven't read all of these, so this will be a good reference list. Thanks for sharing.